BBC Presenter Ben Brown Salary in 2023 | Net Worth- Bio
Facts of Benjamin Russell Brown
|Full Name:||Benjamin Russell Brown|
|Net Worth:||$ 5 million|
|Date of Birth:||26 May 1960|
|Birth Place:||Kent England, UK|
|Height:||5 feet 3 inches|
|Profession:||BBC Journalist, Presenter|
|Education:||Cardiff School of Journalism|
|Parents:||Antony Brown (Father) and Sheila McCormack (Mother)|
|TV Shows:||BBC News at One, BBC News at Ten, BBC Weekend News, BBC News Channel, BBC World News|
- 1 Ben Brown Salary From BBC
- 2 Ben Brown Net Worth in 2023
- 3 Competitive BBC Journalist’s Salary & Net Worth in 2023
- 4 Ben Brown- Birth, Age, Zodiac, Ethnicity & Religion
- 5 Education- High School & College
- 6 Body Measurements- Height, Weight, Eyes & Hair Color
- 7 Ben Brown’s Wife & Children
- 8 Brown Touches a Stranger’s Breast on The Live Interview
- 9 Ben Brown’s Journalism Career
- 10 Ben Brown’s Major Works
- 11 Book By Ben Brown
- 12 Ben Brown’s Book The Battle for Iraq
- 13 Awards and Honors
- 14 Important Facts About Ben Brown
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ben Brown Salary From BBC
Benjamin Russell Brown who is best recognized as Ben Brown works as a news presenter for BBC Weekend News, and BBC News at One.
Brown receives an annual salary of around $150,000 from the BBC network. Similarly, his monthly and weekly salary is estimated to be around $12500 and $3125 respectively.
According to the reports BBC pays an average salary of around $66,430 per year to its average journalist and news presenter however through his decade-long experience in the journalism sector he receives way more than the average payments.
Before working for the BBC Ben Brown served for the Independent Radio News which is a commercial company in the United Kingdom.
There he served as a reporter and used to receive an appropriate amount of money of around $50,000 annually. He worked three for almost 2 years from 1986 to 1988.
Ben Brown Net Worth in 2023
Ben Brown holds an estimated net worth of around $ 5 million as a successful English journalist and a news presenter.
Through his almost four decades of career in the journalism sector, he has achieved huge sums of money as well as fame and respect from the public.
He first started his journalism career in 1985 at Radio Clyde based in Glasgow by working as a reporter.
As an educated journalist Brown has invested his money in various stock markets, real estate properties, and purchasing big companies’ shares. He lives a lavish life in his home in London with his family.
Ben Brown’s Annual, Monthly & Weekly Salary | Net Worth
|Year||Annual Salary||Monthly Salary||Weekly Salary||Net Worth|
|2023||$150,000||$12500||$3125||$ 5 Million|
Competitive BBC Journalist’s Salary & Net Worth in 2023
|Lyse Doucet||Annual: $180,000 Monthly: $15000||$4 Million||BBC’s Chief International Correspondent and senior presenter.|
|Tina Daheley||Annual: $162,323 Monthly: $13526||$6 Million||English journalist, newsreader, and presenter. Relief presenter on BBC News at Ten and BBC News at Six.|
|Laura Kuenssberg||Annual: $387,803 Monthly: $32316||$2 Million||Presenter of the BBC’s flagship Sunday morning politics show.|
|George Alagiah||Annual: $ 4,0000+ Monthly: $29,000||$5 million||British newsreader, journalist, and television presenter.|
Ben Brown- Birth, Age, Zodiac, Ethnicity & Religion
Bayeux-Calvados Award-winning journalist Ben Brown was born in a British household on 26 May 1960 in Kent England, UK. His full birth name is Benjamin Russell Brown.
According to his birthdate, Ben Brown is 63 years old, and his horoscope is Gemini. He is of English nationality and follows the christain religion.
Ben’s father Antony Brown is an ITN newscaster while his mother Sheila McCormack is a housewife.
Education- High School & College
BBC News presenter Ben Brown completed his high school education at Sutton Valence School which is an independent school located in Maidstone in southeast England.
As he was a smart and talented child, he participated in a debate in his school days and also took second position in the national debating championships.
Through his talent and dedication to study, he received an Open Scholarship to Keble College, Oxford. At Oxford, he studied politics, economics, and Philosophy.
Later for his further studies, he attended the Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies in the UK. There he completed his diploma with distinction.
Body Measurements- Height, Weight, Eyes & Hair Color
Ben Brown stands at the average height of 5 feet 3 inches (approximately 1.6 m) and has a healthy body that weighs around 69 KG (151.8 lbs). He has a muscular and attractive body.
Ben Brown’s eye color is hazel and has a natural blonde hair color. His Skin tone is white. Brown sexuality is straight.
Ben Brown’s Wife & Children
Novel‘ Sandstealers’s author, Ben Brown is a married man and also the father of three children. Brown’s all three children are grown up now and he often shares their photos on his social media accounts.
Brown Touches a Stranger’s Breast on The Live Interview
Brown was interrupted by a stranger in the street of Bradford while he was doing a live interview. The woman looks into the camera and says “Absolutely fantastic” while giving a thumbs-up sign.
Brown moves the woman away by touching his breast and the woman slaps him on the shoulder and walks away.
The clip of that video went viral on the Internet and people started criticizing him for his unprofessional behavior.
However, the BBC network did not take any further action while considering it as an “unexpected accident.”
Ben Brown’s Journalism Career
- After his graduation, he started working as a reporter at Radio Clyde based in Glasgow. After some time he was transported to Radio City based in Liverpool where he also worked as a reporter.
- In 1986 brown started working as a reporter for Independent Radio News where he served for almost 2 years from 1986 to 1988. While working there he used to cover major stories from superpower summits to the Hungerford massacre.
- He joined the BBC network in 1988 /1989 as a reporter and later in 1991 he started working as a Foreign Affairs Correspondent for the network.
- In 1991 Brown was appointed Moscow Correspondent.
- Brown was again back in London in 1995 working as a foreign correspondent.
Ben Brown’s Major Works
- The fall of the Berlin Wall
- The Gulf War Saudi Arabia and Kuwait
- The Fall of Mikhail Gorbachev
- The final collapse of Communism
- Chechnya Civil War
- In 1993s President Boris Yeltsin stormed
- To cover the break-up of Yugoslavia he reported extensively from Croatia, Kosovo, and Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Covered 1991s first Gulf War
- 2023s Iraq War
Book By Ben Brown
|12 Jun 2003||The Battle for Iraq: BBC News Correspondents on the War Against Saddam and a New World Agenda||Based on Brown’s experiences in the Iraq War||BBC Books|
|April 1, 1994||All Necessary Means: Inside the Gulf War By By Brown, Ben and Shukman, David||Features his experience in the 1991 Gulf War||BBC Books|
|May 2009||Sandstealers, A novel, Features experience war reporting||Based on Brown’s experiences of war reporting||
Ben Brown’s Book The Battle for Iraq
In his book The Battle for Iraq, he writes about his experiences during the Iraq War where he was also embedded with British troops.
He shares how a British soldier saved his life when an Iraqi militiaman almost shot him in the back with a rocket-propelled grenade.
Awards and Honors
1. His coverage of Russian civil wars / and conflict, earned him several awards including
- The Bayeux War Correspondent of the Year Award
- Several international prizes
- and The Golden Nymph Award provided by the Monte-Carlo Television Festival
2. For challenging coverage of the break-up of Yugoslavia he received several awards from the BBC network in 1995 including the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Award.
3. Brown again received the Bayeux-Calvados Award for war correspondents for his Intifada in Israel coverage.
Important Facts About Ben Brown
- Ben Brown was embedded with British troops in the 2003s Iraq War.
- Brown was brutally criticized by viewers in December 2010 for adopting a “highly accusatory” tone during an interview with Jody McIntyre.
- Brown is the father of three children
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ben Brown Salary
⇒ Brown receives an annual salary of around $150,000 from the BBC network as a news presenter.
Ben Brown’s Net Worth
⇒Brown’s holds approximately $5 Million net worth in 2023.
Ben Brown’s height and weight
⇒Brown stands approximately 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs around 69 KG (151.8 lbs).
Does Ben Brown have any children?
⇒Yes, Brown is the father of three children.