Ben Wedeman Salary From CNN | Net Worth in 2023
Facts of Benjamin C. Wedeman
|Full Name:||Benjamin C. Wedeman|
|Net Worth:||$5 Million|
|Date of Birth:||September 1, 1960|
|Birth Place:||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches|
|Education:||University of Texas at Austin / University of London|
|Parents:||Miles G. Wedeman and Martha Jean (née Hall) Wedeman|
|Awards:||Edward R. Murrow Award / Emmy Award / Outstanding Contribution to Broadcasting Award|
- 1 What is Ben Wedeman Salary?
- 2 Net Worth of Ben Wedeman
- 3 Competitive CNN Journalist’s Salary & Net Worth
- 4 Early Life- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Religion & Nationality
- 5 Ben Wedeman’s Mother & Father
- 6 Ben Wedeman Attended The “University of London”
- 7 Ben Wedeman Wife- Yasmine Perni
- 8 Ben Wedeman Professional Career Records
- 9 Major Reporting Works of Ben Wedeman
- 10 Ben Wedeman’s Awards & Achievements
- 11 Important Facts About Ben Wedeman
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Ben Wedeman Salary?
CNN senior international correspondent, Ben Wedeman receives around $115,000 / annual salary on average. According to the media sources CNN provides an average of $67,924 base salary per year to its correspondent.
However, they also receive a good sum of bonuses occasionally and their actual annual income reaches around $75000.
Wedeman’s monthly and weekly salary is estimated to be around $9583 and $2395 on average respectively as a CNN journalist and war correspondent.
Wedeman has been working in the CNN network for almost three decades since he first joined the network in 1994.
At first, he used to work as a CNN’s local Jordanian employee where his responsibility was to help reporting staff get through checkpoints. At that time CNN used to pay him a $50,000 salary per annum including all the bonuses.
Prior to working at CNN, he served for the International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas in Aleppo, Syria as a communications specialist.
There he used to receive an annual salary of around $40,00 and and $333 monthly.
Net Worth of Ben Wedeman
Multiple Emmy Awards and Edward Murrow Awards-winning journalist Ben Wedeman holds around $5 Million net worth in 2023.
Through his over three decades of career in the journalism field, he has accumulated huge sums of money as well as respect and fame from the public.
He came to the spotlight after he started working at CNN where he has been working since 1994. Now he has become a senior international correspondent for CNN based in Rome.
As a well-educated journalist, he invests his income in various real estate properties, and stock markets, and has bought various big companies’ shares.
Ben Wedeman’s Annual, Monthly & Weekly Salary | Net Worth
|Year||Annual Salary||Monthly Salary||Weekly Salary||Net Worth|
Competitive CNN Journalist’s Salary & Net Worth
|Maggie Haberman||Annual: $60,000 Monthly: $5,000||$5 million||White House Correspondent of “The New York Times“. Political analyst For CNN|
|Dana Bash||Annual: $3 Million Monthly: $100,000||$9 Million||Anchor on CNN’s political discussion program “Late Edition” and Co-anchor on “State of the Union”|
|Wolf Blitzer||Annual: $5 million Monthly: $ 416666||$ 25 million||CNN News Central as a principal anchor.|
|Clarissa Ward||Annual: $200,000 Monthly: $16666||$ 1 million||Chief international correspondent for CNN|
Early Life- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Religion & Nationality
Renowned American journalist Benjamin C. Wedeman who is best recognised as Ben Wedeman was born on September 1, 1960, in Washington, D.C., United States. According to his birthdate, he is currently 63 years old and his horoscope sign is Virgo.
As he was born in the USA he holds American citizenship and follows the Christian religion. Similarly, his ethnicity or race is Caucasian.
Ben Wedeman spent most of his childhood outside the USA as his family moved to various places to live a good life. At the age of 8, his family moved to South Korea in 1968.
Later during the Civil War in Cambodia, they moved to Bangkok and Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Ben Wedeman’s Mother & Father
Ben Wedeman’s father Miles G. Wedeman was a diplomat and civil servant from Pennsylvania who later died at the age of 90 on October 23, 2013.
Miles, Ben’s father, also served in the Ivory Coast and Syria working for USAID. He was born on January 23, 1923, and was a devout Quaker.
Wideman’s mother Martha Jean (née Hall) Wedeman used to work as a reporter for The Washington Post.
Ben Wedeman Attended The “University of London”
Ben Wedeman attended various schools for his high school education as his family kept moving from one place to another. From 1974 to 9175 He studied at boarding schools in Beirut, Lebanon.
Similarly, he also studied in other various places including Tangier, Morocco, and Windsor, Connecticut.
For his graduation, he moved to the USA and joined the University of Texas at Austin and received his bachelor’s degree in Asian languages and Linguistics in 1982.
Later he joined SOAS ( School of Oriental and African Studies) University of London and received his master’s degree in Middle Eastern Studies.
Ben Wedeman Wife- Yasmine Perni
Ben Wedeman has been married to his wife Yasmine Perni for decades. Perni is a professional journalist, photographer as well as a television producer. The couple also have welcomed three children from their decade-long marriage.
Ben Wedeman Professional Career Records
|Year||Position||Network / Work|
|1988 to 1992||Communications Specialist||International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas based in Aleppo, Syria.|
|1994||As a fixer, producer, sound technician / local Jordanian employee||Joined CNN / Main duties were to help reporting staff get through checkpoints.|
|1995||CNN’s Bureau Chief in Amman||CNN|
|1998 to 2006||CNN’s bureau chief in Cairo||Led CNN’s coverage of the uprising against then-President Hosni Mubarak and the wider unrest in the Middle East|
|2009||Jerusalem bureau’s correspondent||CNN Network|
|October 2000||Was Insured / Shot while covering the clash between Palestinians and Israelis||CNN Network|
|2001 to 2020||Main Reporter/ Journalist||Covered various Civil War reports and|
|1998 to 2006||CNN’s bureau chief in Cairo||CNN|
|2006||CNN’s senior reporter in Tyre||CNN|
|November 2012||CNN’s senior international correspondent based in Rome, Italy||CNN Network|
|2022 to 20023||Reporter||Covered Ukraine war zones for CNN|
Major Reporting Works of Ben Wedeman
- Ben Wedeman was in Sabah, Libya in August 2011, to cover the 2011 civil war, which overthrew Muammar Gaddafi.
- During his coverage in Sabah, Libya, he found an abandoned warehouse, where he discovered bags of a yellow powder labeled as radioactive. Later IAEA confirmed this powder was a Yellowcake uranium.
- Wedeman became the first journalist to gain access to Iraq prior to the Iraq War in the September 11 attacks. and interviewed with Uday Hussein while becoming the first one to grant access to do that.
- Wedeman also covered a battle of the civil war in Aleppo, Syria in August 2012.
- Wedeman reported for CNN in Ukraine war zones in 2022 and 2023.
Ben Wedeman’s Awards & Achievements
|1996||Edward R. Murrow Award||Best TV interpretation or documentary on foreign affairs, Cverage of Iraq under Saddam Hussein.|
|2000||Emmy Award / For the Whole Team||coverage of the civil war in Sierra Leone|
|2000||Edward R. Murrow Award||coverage of the civil war in Sierra Leone|
|2006||RTNDA Edward R. Murrow Award / For the Whole Team||For coverage of the Lebanon War.|
|2010||Outstanding Contribution to Broadcasting Award||For Press and Broadcasting|
|2012||Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story / For the Whole Team||For his reporting in “Breaking News Simulcast of Revolution in Egypt: President Mubarak Steps Down.|
Important Facts About Ben Wedeman
- Ben Wedeman is fluent in Arabic, Italian, and French.
- Ben Wedeman studied Asian Languages and Linguistics at the University of Texas.
- Wedeman was shot in October 2000, near the Karni border crossing between Gaza and Israel while covering the clash between Palestinians and Israelis.
- During his journalism career, Wedeman traveled to various dangerous places to cover war news which includes Afghanistan, the Balkans, and Africa.
- In July 2007 wedeman was the first journalist to break the news of BBC journalist Alan Johnston being released from a kidnapping.
- He was also the first reporter to interview Iraqi prisoners who were tortured by American soldiers.
- Was the first journalist to enter Gaza from Egypt during Israel’s late 2008 – early 2009 offensive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the Salary of Ben Wedeman?
⇒Ben Wedeman earns around $115,000 annually and $9583 monthly as a senior international correspondent of CNN based in Rome.
How much net worth does Ben Wedeman hold in 2023?
⇒Ben Wedeman has accumulated around $5 net worth through his over 3 decades of career in the journalism field.
Is Ben Wedeman married?
⇒Yes Ben Wedeman is a married man and his wife’s name is Yasmine Perni. The couple also shares three children.
What nationality is Ben Wedeman?
⇒Wedeman is of American nationality as he was born in Washington, D.C., United States.
How old is Ben Wedeman?
⇒Ben Wedeman is 69 years old in 2023 as of his birthdate on September 1, 1960.
Does Ben Wedeman speak Arabic?
⇒Yes, Wedeman can fluently speak Arabic language Italian, and French as well.
What is the height of Ben Wedeman?
⇒ Wedeman stands approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs around 70 KG.