How Much Salary Does CNN Pay to Kyung Lah? Kyung’s Net Worth in 2023
Facts of Kyung Lah
|Full Name:||Kyung Lah|
|Net Worth:||$3 million|
|Date of Birth:||August 27, 1971|
|Birth Place:||Seoul, South Korea|
|Height:||5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)|
|Weight:||68 kg (149 lbs)|
|Profession:||Correspondent, Anchor, Reporter|
|Education:||Hoffman Estates High School, University of Illinois|
|Partner:||Jeff Soto (Ex-Boyfriend)|
|Awards:||Local Emmy Award, Best Criminal Justice/Legal Affairs Award|
- 1 What is Kyung Lah Salary?
- 2 Kyung Lah’s Annual, Monthly & Weekly Salary | Net Worth
- 3 How Much Net Worth Does Kyung Lah Hold?
- 4 Assets- House & Car
- 5 Competitive CNN Journalist’s Salary & Net Worth in 2023
- 6 Early Life- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Horoscope & Nationality
- 7 Education- High School & University
- 8 Husband & Children
- 9 Kyung Lah Work Records From 1993 to 2023
- 10 Major Works & Interesting Facts About Kyung Lah
- 11 Awards & Nominations
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Kyung Lah Salary?
CNN Senior National correspondent, Kyung Lah earns an annual salary of $68,000+/ GBP 54,0000+. Kyung Lah is working at the CNN channel based in Los Angeles and earns $5,000+/£3,9721+ per month and $1,308+/£1,035+ per week.
Kyung Lah has signed a multiple-year contract with CNN. According to her contract, she will be serving at CNN for the next few years as a prominent correspondent and reporter.
Previously, Kyung Lah used to receive an average salary of $39,000+/£30,000+ as an anchor and reporter for the KNBC-TV channel. Lah also used to earn an additional income of $13,000+ as the on-air reporter for WBBM-TV.
Similarly, Kyung’s husband earns an annual salary of $62,000+/£48,9491 as the prominent television producer for NBC. Moreover, he is also the Vice president at Edendale Strategies and earns a monthly income of $5,000+/ £39,000+.
Kyung Lah’s Annual, Monthly & Weekly Salary | Net Worth
|Year||Annual Salary||Monthly Salary||Weekly Salary||Net Worth|
How Much Net Worth Does Kyung Lah Hold?
As of 2023, Kyung Lah holds an estimated net worth of $3 million / 2,383,413 GBP. South Korean journalist, Kyung has been active in the journalism field since 1993. Throughout her past 30 years of experience, she has built a successful career in the journalism field.
Similarly, her husband also holds an estimated net worth of $4 million/3,177,884 GBP. He is also the winner of the Daytime Emmy Award under the category of Outstanding Morning Program in the 2020s.
Assets- House & Car
South Korean journalist and NBC producer owns a lavish house in the United States of America, which is worth $1.5 million/1,190,965 GBP. The couple also decorated their house with aesthetic interior design and expensive paintings and curtains.
Moreover, Kyung Lah also owns a white Vauxhall Mokka model car worth £2,000. Regardless, Kyung Lah and her husband are living luxurious lives with their daughter in the United States.
Competitive CNN Journalist’s Salary & Net Worth in 2023
|Abby Phillip||Annual: $100,000 Monthly: $45,000||$2 million||Political news anchor at “Inside Politics with Abby Phillip” and Senior correspondent for CNN.|
|Sara Sidner||Annual: $ 60,000 Monthly: $5,139||$3 million||Co-host of “CNN News Central” and anchor of “Big Picture with Sara Sidner“|
|Laura Coates||Annual: $ 1000,000 Monthly: $ 83333||$ 10 million||An American attorney and Chief Legal Analyst for CNN.|
|John King||Annual: $ $2 Million Monthly: $ 45,000||$7 Million||CNN’s chief news correspondent. Anchor of “Inside Politics‘.|
Early Life- Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Horoscope & Nationality
South Korean journalist, Kyung Lah was born on August 27, 1971. Her full name is Kyung I. Lah. Kyung was born into a Korean descent family. Her hometown is located in Seoul, the capital of South Korea.
Both her parents hold Korean nationality, therefore Kyung also holds South Korean (한국인) citizenship. Moreover, Kyung belongs to a white ethnic background and follows Christianity.
According to her birthdate, Kyung’s zodiac sign is Virgo. Kyung recently celebrated her 52nd birthday with her family on August 27.
Although her hometown is located in Korea she grew up in Streamwood, Illinois. Kyung and her family moved to America when she was seven years old.
Education- High School & University
Kyung Lah is also an independent and well-educated woman. She completed her elementary and high school at Hoffman Estates High School (HEHS). It is a public high school established in 1973 in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
While attending high school, Kyung Lah participated in multiple curricular activities. Kyung was a writer for the school’s daily Illini newspaper. Kyung graduated high school in 1989.
Later, she enrolled at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois. It is a public land-grant research university originally established in 1867. After completing four semesters, Kyung Lah graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Illinois in 1993.
Husband & Children
Kyung Lah is straight and married to her loving husband, Curtis Vogel. Her husband is a famous television producer who has worked with numerous media channels such as NBC, ESPN, and many more.
He is famous for producing the famous TV series titled, ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show‘ from 1986-2011.
The duo first met during their work on the NBC News channel. After dating for a while, Kyung Lah and Curtis officially tied the knot in the 1990s.
Kyung Lah and her husband also have a 21-year-old daughter who was born in 2001. Along with her family, Kyung lives in the United States of America.
Previously in 2005, Kyung Lah also dated a well-known producer of the KNBC-TV channel, Jeff Soto. Which ultimately ended after she was fired from KNBC-TV for having an extramarital affair with a co-worker.
Kyung Lah Work Records From 1993 to 2023
|2005||Fired from KNBC-TV|
|2012-Present||Left her post in Japan|
|Joined the CNN bureau in Los Angeles||Senior National Correspondent|
Major Works & Interesting Facts About Kyung Lah
- The Chicago Sun-Times reported in 2003, that Lah turned down a “half-hearted (contract) renewal offer” from WBBM-TV, while Kyung was working as a morning reporter for KNBC-TV.
- Kyung Lah was criticized after writing extensively about the Japanese subculture, specializing in men who have married animated characters.
- The international blogosphere also charged her for focusing on the irregular outliers of Japan and for allowing racial bias to influence her report.
- Kyung has reported on a wide range of stories such as, she covered ‘the 2020 Democratic nominations‘ for the United States president, the cultural and political impact of the surge of women candidates who ran for the ‘U.S. Congress in 2018‘, etc.
- During COVID-19, Kyung covered the breaking news of coronavirus in the Western region and the national economic implications of the COVID pandemic.
- Moreover, Lah also has interviewed several Japanese prime ministers and leaders from China and Pakistan.
Awards & Nominations
- Kyung Lah was honored with the ‘Local Emmy Award for Outstanding Investigative Report.
- The San Diego Press Club also awarded her with the ‘Best Criminal Justice/Legal Affairs Award‘ in 1998.
- Later in 1996 and 1995, Lah received a ‘Recognition Award‘ from the Associated Press and the Michigan Association of Broadcasters.
- In 2015, Lah was nominated for the ‘Emmy Award‘ under the category of Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story on the famous TV series titled, “Anderson Cooper 360°“.
- Similarly, Kyung was nominated for her second ‘Emmy Award’ under the category of Outstanding Breaking News Coverage in 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Kyung Lah’s Height and Weight?
⇒ 52 years old, Kyung Lah has a perfect height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m) and her body weighs around 68 kg (149 lbs).
What is Kyung Lah famous for?
⇒ Kyung Lah is famous for her professional career as a prominent Senior National Correspondent and reporter for CNN. She was also known for her previous work on the KNBC-TV channel as the morning reporter and midday anchor.
Why did Kyung Lah leave CNN’s bureau in Tokyo?
⇒ On June 27, 2012, Kyung Lah left her post on CNN’s Tokyo news channel for a position at the CNN bureau located in Los Angeles, America.
Is Kyung Lah Korean?
⇒ Yes, Kyung was born in Korea but she grew up in America. In 2006 in an interview with Dynamic-Korea, Kyung said she “thinks about the larger question of being Korean every single moment.” Lah confirms she holds a very strong South Korean identity through her Korean parents.
Did Kyung Lah work in KNBC-TV?
⇒ From 2003 to 2005, Kyung Lah worked at KNBC-TV as a competent morning reporter and a midday anchor.