BBC’s Presenter Rachel Burden Salary in 2023 | Net Worth
Facts of Rachel Mary Ann Cecilia Burden
|Full Name:||Rachel Mary Ann Cecilia Burden|
|Annual Salary:||$ 239000|
|Net Worth:||$5 Million|
|Date of Birth:||22 January 1975|
|Birth Place:||Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England|
|Height:||5 feet and 6 inches|
|Profession:||British Newsreader, Radio News Reporter, and Presenter|
|Education:||Wycombe High School \ Trinity College \ Cardiff University|
- 1 Rachel Burden Salary From BBC
- 2 Rachel Burden’s Net Worth
- 3 Competitive BBC Journalist’s Salary & Net Worth in 2023
- 4 Rachel Burden- Birth, Age, Zodiac, Ethnicity & Nationality
- 5 Parents & Sibligs
- 6 Rachel Studied Broadcast Journalism at Cardiff University
- 7 Rachel Burden’s Husband & Children
- 8 Journalism Career
- 9 Interesting Facts About Rachel Burden
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Rachel Burden Salary From BBC
Rachel Burden earns an average base salary of around £195,000 \ $ 239000 per annum in 2023 as per the BBC reports. Burden works as a newsreader, radio news reporter, and presenter for the BBC network.
In 2022 BBC paid her between £180,000 to £184,999 average base salary as a presenter of the BBC Radio 5 Live’s Weekday Breakfast Show.
BBC Breakfast’s main presenter Rachel Burden’s monthly and weekly salary is estimated to be around £16250 \ $19964 and £4062 \ $4990 respectively.
Rachel also presents the BBC Radio 5 Live weekday Breakfast Show and she has been presenting this program for the last 12 years since 2011. Moreover Rachel also guest presents other various BBC Breakfast programs.
Rachel Burden is also one of the well-paid journalists on the BBC network. She started presenting on Radio 5 Live in 2003, the day before her father retired from the BBC network.
Rachel has been working on the BBC network for over 2 decades now, so her payments are much higher than other average BBC presenters.
Similarly, Rachel’s husband Luke Mendham earns around $1 Million annually as a director, producer, and journalist in Britain. Mendham has created shows for reputed companies such as Channel 4, BBC, and BBC Horizon.
Mendham created the long-running documentary show Dispatches for Channel 4 and Panorama for the BBC.
Rachel Burden’s Net Worth
BBC Radio 5 Live’s news reporter and presenter Rachel Burden has accumulated around $5 Million net worth through her decade-long journalism career. She has been working in the journalism sector for almost 25 years now.
As one of the well-paid journalists on the BBC network, Rachel has invested her money in various stock markets and shares. She lives a lavish life in the Cheshire countryside near Knutsford where the average house costs around £561,564.
Rachel Burden’s Annual, Monthly & Weekly Salary | Net Worth
|Year||Annual Salary||Monthly Salary||Weekly Salary||Net Worth|
|2023||$ 239000||$19964||$4990||$5 Million|
Competitive BBC Journalist’s Salary & Net Worth in 2023
|Sophie Raworth||Annual: $469298 Monthly: $83333||$ 7 million||A senior newsreader and one of the main presenters of BBC News.|
|Al Roker||Annual: $10 million Monthly: $500,000||$70 Million||American weather presenter, journalist, television personality, and author.|
|Razia Iqbal||Annual: $1 Million Monthly: $35000||$3 Million||BBC News as a special correspondent.|
|Nancy Kacungira||Annual: $ 89,000 Monthly: $ 7,4161||$3 million||Nancy Kacungira is a Ugandan presenter and reporter at BBC News.|
Rachel Burden- Birth, Age, Zodiac, Ethnicity & Nationality
Rachel Mary Ann Cecilia Burden who is best recognized as Rachel Burden was born on 22 January 1975 in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England.
According to her date of birth, Rachel is currently 48 years old in 2023 and her horoscope sign is Aquarius. She belongs to a Christian religious family and her ethnicity is white.
Rachel holds English nationality and currently lives in the Cheshire countryside near Knutsford. She spent her childhood in Marlow, Buckinghamshire along with her siblings and parents.
Parents & Sibligs
Rachel is the only daughter of Paul Burden who is a former BBC journalist. She has other 4 brothers three elder and one younger brother whose information is not available in the media yet.
Rachel is also the niece of the late English actor and playwright Hugh Burden. Some of Hughs’ major works include The Mind of Mr. J.G. Reeder (1969-1971), The House in Nightmare (973), and Park Ghost Ship (1952).
Rachel Studied Broadcast Journalism at Cardiff University
English journalist Rachel Burden completed her high school education at Wycombe High School which is a girl’s school located in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. There she studied English, History, Politics, and Practical Music at A-level from 1987-1993.
Later for her further education, she joined Trinity College in Dublin however she she studied broadcast journalism at Cardiff University.
Rachel Burden’s Husband & Children
Rachel Burden has been married to Luke Mendham for over 19 years. Mendham is also a well-known journalist in Britain and the duo met during their professional work. After dating for over a year the couple got married in 2014 in front of their family and friends.
The couple has also welcomed four children from their decades-long marriage. They live in the Cheshire countryside near Knutsford along with their four kids.
- Rachel Burden started her journalism career in around 1995 when she first worked as a reporter at BBC Radio Suffolk.
- After working at BBC Radio Suffolk for over a year Rachel joined BBC Radio Bristol and started co-hosting the early morning breakfast show. At BBC Radio Bristol she worked along with Nigel Dando who is the brother of murdered presenter Jill Dando.
- In 2003 Rachel joined BBC Radio 5 Live and started presenting weekday breakfast shows along with co-presenter Nicky Campbell in May 2011. Formerly Shelagh Fogarty used to present The Radio 5 Live’s weekday breakfasts show before Rachel took over in 2011.
- On Saturday 23 August 2015, Rachel started working as a relief presenter on the BBC Breakfast television program.
Interesting Facts About Rachel Burden
- In 2003 Rachel joined Radio 5 Live, The day before her father retired from the BBC.
- Rachel is the niece of the late British actor Hugh Burden.
- She has been married to a famous English journalist and director Luke Mendham for almost two decades now.
- Rachel is the mother of four children.
- Rachel’s father was a British journalist and also worked on the BBC network.
- She is the only daughter and 4th child of her parents.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Rachel Burden’s Height and Weight
⇒Rachel Burden stands at 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs approximatly 60 KG.
Rachel Burden’s Salary
⇒ According to BBC Rachel Burden earns an average base salary of around £195,000 per annum and £16250 per month as a presenter of BBC Breakfast.
Rachel Burden’s Net Worth
⇒Rachel Burden holds around $5 Million net worth in 2023.
Is Rachel Burden married?
⇒Yes, Rachel Burden is married. She married her husband Luke Mendham in 2014.
Does Rachel Burden have any children?
⇒Rachel Burden and her husband Luke Mendham share four children.
Where does Rachel Burden live?
⇒Rachel lives in the Cheshire countryside near Knutsford along with her husband and four kids.